Orbital ATK Careers
Technician Team Supv
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK Flight Systems Group provides products and services that span the launch, missile systems and aerospace markets. We are a premier producer of solid rocket propulsion systems and specialty energetic products; a leading provider of small and medium class space launch vehicles for Civil, DoD and Commercial missions; a major supplier of interceptor boosters and target vehicles for missile defense; and a world class manufacturer of composite primary and secondary structures for commercial and military aircraft and launch vehicles.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Please visit our website:
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an experienced NDT Technician Team Supervisor for our Clearfield, UT location.
Role Description & Responsibilities:
- Supervise 2nd shift NDT technicians and tie in with 1st shift supervisor
- Support NDT Ultrasonic inspection (UT) activities, using automated and manual techniques
- Monitor, status, and support employee ultrasonic inspection part rates daily
- Help with interpreting NDT data to determine acceptability of parts in accordance with applicable specifications
- Handle and move parts and components as required, to perform NDT inspections, and document inspection results
- Support and provide UT expertise with composite structures
- Minimum of 8-10 years current/recent experience in non-destructive testing within an aerospace manufacturing environment
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED (education will be verified)
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Documented hours as a highly experienced certified Level II Ultrasonic Inspector to include experience with establishing techniques and procedures; interpreting codes, standards, and specifications; and designating the particular nondestructive testing methods, techniques, and procedures to be used
- Provide certification records
- Experience with training and testing Level I and Level II technicians
- Experience with NAS 410 requirements
- Background in NDT of Aerospace products
- Experience with specification interpretation and nonconformance reports
- Experience with specification and drawing interpretations
- Inspection reporting and documentation
- Excellent computer skills; skilled in working with Microsoft Office applications
- Must be able to work 12 hour shifts (6:00am to 6:30pm or 6:00pm to 6:30am)
- Must be able to work weekends
- Must be able to work flexible and changing shift schedules
- Support manufacturing in high rate composite part production facility
- Excellent attendance and punctuality, ability to work over time, and other shifts as required
- Perform physical requirements of the position, including use of inspection hand tools, NDT equipment, lift up to 50 lbs., pass eye examination
- Familiarity with basic dimensional inspection equipment, micrometers, snaps gages, etc.
- Familiarity with hand held instruments and techniques etc.
- Use of small hand tools and comparators USMGO hand held UT equipment
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Composite Ultrasonic interpretation experience preferred
- ASNT Level III certification(s)
Competencies for Success:
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 8-10 Years
Education: High School/GED