Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr. Financial Analyst
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK Defense Systems Group is an industry leader in ammunition, precision and strike weapons, missile-warning solutions, and tactical rocket motors across air, sea and land-based systems. We are the largest U.S. producer of small-caliber ammunition, as well as a leading producer of medium- and large-caliber ammunition and medium-caliber gun systems. Orbital ATK Defense Systems also develops advanced capabilities for missile-defense interceptors, fuzing and warheads, weaponized special-mission aircraft, and propulsion/controls.
Orbital ATK Defense Electronic Systems, a division of Defense Systems Group is seeking a strong Senior Finance Analyst for our Northridge, CA location, supporting Government Accounting and reporting to the Finance Director for Government Accounting and Estimating.
- Participate in the preparation and submission of the Division-wide Monthly Monitorship Reports.
- Participate in the preparation, submission and negotiation of the Division-wide Forward Pricing Rate Proposal (FPRP) and the annual Incurred Cost Submission (ICS).
- Provide internal support to audits and reviews by Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) and or Defense Contract Management Agencies (DCMA).
- Support other functions during Business System Reviews by DCAA and or DCMA including MMAS, EVMS, Accounting, Estimating, Purchasing and Property.
- Support maintenance of division-wide CAS Disclosure Statements; support preparation of General Dollar Magnitude (GDM) proposals as necessary for any cost accounting changes.
- Provide periodic reporting to Group Finance (e.g., 3-factor formula, business system status).
- Perform periodic testing of business systems for compliance to Business Systems Rules.
- Ensures the business process for capturing, recording and summarizing financial/cost transactions is in compliance with government contract accounting regulations, including Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), DFARS, and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS).
- Other duties as assigned by the Finance Director or Controller.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- 3+ years’ experience in government contract cost accounting.
- Aerospace and defense industry experience.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Experience leading simple to complex financial projects.
- Ability to identify, prioritize and coordinate government contracting requirements.
- Experience in processing, capturing, recording and summarizing financial/cost transactions.
- Effective oral and written communication/presentation skills.
- Strong analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels within the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or other business major from an accredited institution.
- Experience with monthly reporting of actual overhead/G&A rates and variance analysis against proposed.
- Experience completing the Incurred Cost Proposal (using the DCAA ICE Excel file).
- Experience in preparation of an FPRP (Forward Pricing Rate Proposal).
- Experience in creating and maintaining Disclosure Statements.
- Experience with CAS and Contractor Business Systems audits.
- MBA from an accredited institution.
- Business Intelligence (BI) knowledge.
- Proficiency in large fully integrated accounting systems (ERP) (Deltek Costpoint a plus).
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years