Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Sr. Proposal Analyst
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
With projected annual revenues of $30 billion, approximately 84,000 employees, and operations in across the country and around the world, Northrop Grumman is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Northrop Grumman employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Northrop Grumman is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
The Sr. Proposal Analyst will be responsible for:
- Prioritizing work on a variety of proposals at the same time.
- Partnering with the proposal managers and proposal teams to respond to customers RFPs.
- Reviewing RFPs and deriving material, labor and other requirements.
- Supporting Supply Chain Management (SCM) development of RFP/RFQs; working with SCM, vendors and subcontractors to develop a consolidated bill of material.
- Working with project engineers and program management to develop Basis of Estimates (BOEs) for labor hour and other cost estimates.
- Conducting supplier statistical price analysis and audits of subcontractor cost proposals (at subcontractor locations as needed) to review basis of estimates and source documentation verifying proposal cost estimates for single/sole sourced procurements, as per FAR parts 15 and 31.
- Utilizing Propricer and supporting Excel files to develop price estimates.
- Preparing estimates and developing cost volumes in accordance with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) for submission in response to RFPs and other estimates on cost-type and fixed price efforts.
- Gathering and organizing historical data for same or similar programs in support of proposals.
- Establishing reasonableness of cost and pricing; participating in cost and pricing reviews with management, customer and supplier representatives; generating price and cost analysis reports providing recommended price positions to support negotiations with customer and suppliers; and identifying risks and opportunities to the cost estimate.
- Participating in the customer and supplier negotiation processes including customer, DCMA and DCAA fact-finding and audits.
- Mentoring SCM, Finance and other program management team members in these activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or other business degree.
- 5+ years of experience with a broad range of financial analysis activities with a high level of complexity, ideally in a manufacturing environment, or
- 5+ years of experience in government contracts, subcontracts, estimating and pricing, finance, or business administration in a (defense/aerospace) manufacturing environment, or
- 5+ years of experience conducting indirect rate audits (G&A, Overhead, other administrative rates) and direct cost audits (material, labor wages, labor hours, other direct costs).
- General knowledge and competence in the concepts, principles and standard practices in costing and pricing.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office with advanced Excel skills, experience with complex spreadsheets.
- Knowledge of Propricer or other estimating tool.
- Knowledge of FAR, DFARs, CAS and TINA.
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills to accurately document, report, and present findings.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to prioritize and stay organized within a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and in a cross functional team environment.
- US Person.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years