Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Sr Manufacturing Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors. Develops and maintains detailed work instructions for assigned products/processes. Dispositions discrepant hardware. Investigates root cause of discrepancies and implements corrective actions. Performs material flow analysis, cycle time analysis, and value stream mapping. Supports program reviews. Performs DFMX initiatives. Develops tools/fixtures.
Role description & Responsibilities:
- Work with cross functional teams to develop efficient manufacturing processes using Lean principles (VSM, Standard Work, FMEA, PFMEA, 5S, Time Studies, SPC Analysis, and Kaizen Events)
- Demonstrate basic understanding of Lean concepts and practices in hands-on interactive groups
- Actively participate and support process improvement teams
- Must work with minimal supervision and provide technical creative and practical solutions to challenging problems.
- Must demonstrate a strong understanding of Lean principles and be able to communicate the principles in a coaching role
- BS Engineering
- Basic understanding of Lean Manufacturing principles
- Demonstrate understanding of manufacturing processes
- Has worked or is willing to work with Hazardous Materials and energetics
- Must Qualify for a DoD Secret Clearance
· BS in Industrial, Mechanical, or Manufacturing
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years