Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr Manufacturing Engineer
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors. Develops and maintains detailed work instructions for assigned products/processes. Dispositions discrepant hardware. Investigates root cause of discrepancies and implements corrective actions. Performs material flow analysis, cycle time analysis, and value stream mapping. Supports program reviews. Performs DFMX initiatives. Develops tools/fixtures.
Role description & Responsibilities:
- Work with cross functional teams to develop efficient manufacturing processes using Lean principles (VSM, Standard Work, FMEA, PFMEA, 5S, Time Studies, SPC Analysis, and Kaizen Events)
- Demonstrate basic understanding of Lean concepts and practices in hands-on interactive groups
- Actively participate and support process improvement teams
- Must work with minimal supervision and provide technical creative and practical solutions to challenging problems.
- Must demonstrate a strong understanding of Lean principles and be able to communicate the principles in a coaching role
- BS Engineering
- Basic understanding of Lean Manufacturing principles
- Demonstrate understanding of manufacturing processes
- Has worked or is willing to work with Hazardous Materials and energetics
- Must Qualify for a DoD Secret Clearance
· BS in Industrial, Mechanical, or Manufacturing
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years