Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Electrical Design Engineer
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an experienced Electrical Design Engineer for our Plymouth, MN location. The position will focus on creating unique analog, digital and power conditioning design solutions for a broad range of military products.
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
This position requires professional or educational experience in applying Electrical Engineering practices to all phases of military programs, including:
- Performs research, design, and development in such areas as power conditioning electronics, analog circuit design, digital circuit design, FPGA/ASIC design and verification, and other general electrical engineering design functions.
- Applies research to the planning, design, development and testing of electrical circuits for use in military applications.
- Is capable of generating design schematics preferably with experience using CAD tools such as Mentor Graphics.
- Compiles and analyzes test data to determine effect of design on electrical circuits for military applications.
- Develops specifications for and performs selection of components for use in electrical circuits for military applications. Utilizes electrical CAD tools such as Mentor System Vision, Power Intent, Hyperlynx and others for circuit performance prediction in aid of circuit development.
- Oversees board layout and provides pertinent design factors for first pass success on circuit realization.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability organize/prioritize job assignments and tasks.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills to work effectively within a development team to understand system level interdependencies that impact circuit requirements and design constraints.
- Is comfortable working in a support role to senior design engineers and is an active learner of new design techniques and technologies.
- Preferably an Understanding of Six Sigma disciplines, design for assembly / design for manufacturing (DFA/DFM).
- Requires a BS degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited college with 1.5 years professional experience as a minimum. A MS degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited college is preferred.
- Experience creating and modeling electrical schematics, evaluate design robustness by simulation and lab testing. Preferably experience with Mentor Graphics design tools.
- Ability to evaluate and select components that meet the applicable requirements.
- Experience with power conditioning circuit design and analog design is preferred.
- Experience designing and verifying FPGAs/ASICs using VHDL, Verilog and System Verilog is desired.
- Prefer experience in developing high reliability electronics to meet military environments such as extreme temperature conditions, high G shock loads, vibration, and extended storage times.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to cross functional team members.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, rapidly changing, short turn-around environment.
- Position may require occasional travel to meet with various customers, in both government and industry, and to interface with suppliers.
- Able to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance.
Orbital ATK Defense Systems Group is an industry leader in ammunition, precision and strike weapons, missile-warning solutions, and tactical rocket motors across air, sea and land-based systems. We are the largest U.S. producer of small-caliber ammunition, as well as a leading producer of medium- and large-caliber ammunition and medium-caliber gun systems. Orbital ATK Defense Systems also develops advanced capabilities for missile-defense interceptors, fuzing and warheads, weaponized special-mission aircraft, and propulsion/controls.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years