Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Principal Mission Assurance Engineer (Continuous Improvement)
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems - Armament Systems Division (NGIS-ASD) is seeking a Principal Mission Assurance Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals at our Plymouth, MN location.
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
The Mission Assurance organization at ASD develops Advanced Ammunition, Guns, and Barrier Systems in addition to Air Defense, Air Delivered, and Precision Systems for the U.S. Government and our Allies. The successful candidate will provide process support with the goal of achieving superior program performance and strive for 100% Mission Success.
The team is committed to unmatched expertise in the core areas of process development and performance management, business management and operational excellence, risk management, and continuous improvement. The team manages a healthy pipeline of integrated, multi-disciplined continuous improvement projects, tools and solutions.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Identify, lead and execute our continuous improvement strategy by implementing Lean / Six Sigma DMAIC / Continuous Improvement methodologies.
- Provide subject matter expertise in Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma (DFSS, DMAIC), root cause analysis and corrective action tools and techniques, and other CI – related activities such as financial analysis, process development, implementation, measurement, analysis, and improvement.
- Work cross functionally to identify and prioritization problems, create initiatives for business, operational, technical, and administrative process improvements, to reduce waste and quantifiably improve process efficiency & effectiveness.
- Define and project-manage improvement projects and implement continuous improvement projects and initiatives, delivering tangible / quantifiable results.
- Facilitate and coach improvement teams and solve complex technical problems utilizing DMAIC or related problem solving methodologies.
- Identify training needs and opportunities, in partnering with program and operation management teams. Develop and deliver training to the organization.
- Establish key project and process indicators / measures to assess project success and process performance.
- Perform statistical analysis to assess the cost of and determine the responsibility for, products or materials that do not meet required standards and specifications.
- Audit business systems and processes for risk and problem identification, and correction. Ensures that corrective measures meet acceptable reliability standards and that documentation is compliant with requirements.
- Works with personnel at all levels of the organization including executives, and provides executive level briefings.
Education and Experience
Requires BS in Engineering & 7 years, or Masters in Engineering & 5 years, or PhD & 2 years
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years