Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Quality Receiving Inspector
Northrop Grumman - Innovation Systems has an excellent opportunity for a Quality Receiving Inspector at our Plymouth, MN facility.
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
- Performs receiving inspection per inspection procedure requirements, verifies supplier compliance with purchase order requirements.
- Performs dimensional inspections using our set-ups, GD&T, and hand-held instruments to measure parts and assemblies to drawing requirement per ANSI-Y14.5. Inspects for proper identity and dimensions using such measuring devices as micrometers, gauges, CMM (Zeiss), calipers, telescope gauges, and optical comparators.
- Inspects purchased parts and materials for conformity to standards, specifications, and processing requirements, including piece parts, circuit cards, sub-assemblies or final assembly hardware, as well as documentation received from Supplier.
- Visually inspects for obvious defects or damage such as corrosion, cracks, dents, scratches, and pits. Makes accept/reject decisions on inspected goods. Maintains records of results.
- Ensures equipment is calibrated and within specifications.
- Interface with local DCMA (customer) representative.
- Participate in internal and external Quality Management System audits.
- 4-6 years of experience as a quality inspector in aerospace industry or similar highly regulated environment
- Proficiency with Blue Print reading, Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing per ASME Y14.5
- Familiar with quality data / non-conforming material processing systems used to record inspection results
- High school diploma or equivalent, technical degree preferred
- Intermediate PC skills including knowledge of MS Office products, specifically Word & Excel
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Familiarity with AS9100 or ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems
The Ideal Candidate Will Possess
- Dimensional inspection use of Zeiss Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) to drawing requirements per ANSI-Y14.5, intermediate level.
- Experience performing source inspections at sub-tier suppliers
- Experience working with reduced dimension drawings and/or CAD files
- Familiarity and experience with AS9102 First Article Inspection requirements
- Must be a US Citizen, and have the ability to obtain government security clearance, if necessary
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years
Education: High School/GED