Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Quality Receiving Inspector
Orbital ATK’s Armament Systems Division has an excellent opportunity for a Quality Receiving Inspector at our Plymouth, MN facility.
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
- Performs receiving inspection per inspection procedure requirements, verifies supplier compliance with purchase order requirements.
- Performs dimensional inspections using Orbital ATK set-ups, GD&T, and hand-held instruments to measure parts and assemblies to drawing requirement per ANSI-Y14.5. Inspects for proper identity and dimensions using such measuring devices as micrometers, gauges, CMM (Zeiss), calipers, telescope gauges, and optical comparators.
- Inspects purchased parts and materials for conformity to standards, specifications, and processing requirements, including piece parts, circuit cards, sub-assemblies or final assembly hardware, as well as documentation received from Supplier.
- Visually inspects for obvious defects or damage such as corrosion, cracks, dents, scratches, and pits. Makes accept/reject decisions on inspected goods. Maintains records of results.
- Ensures equipment is calibrated and within specifications.
- Interface with local DCMA (customer) representative.
- Participate in internal and external Quality Management System audits.
- 4-6 years of experience as a quality inspector in aerospace industry or similar highly regulated environment
- Proficiency with Blue Print reading, Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing per ASME Y14.5
- Familiar with quality data / non-conforming material processing systems used to record inspection results
- High school diploma or equivalent, technical degree preferred
- Intermediate PC skills including knowledge of MS Office products, specifically Word & Excel
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Familiarity with AS9100 or ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems
The Ideal Candidate Will Possess
- Dimensional inspection use of Zeiss Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) to drawing requirements per ANSI-Y14.5, intermediate level.
- Experience performing source inspections at sub-tier suppliers
- Experience working with reduced dimension drawings and/or CAD files
- Familiarity and experience with AS9102 First Article Inspection requirements
- Ability to obtain government security clearance, if necessary
Orbital ATK Defense Systems Group is an industry leader in ammunition, precision and strike weapons, missile-warning solutions, and tactical rocket motors across air, sea and land-based systems. We are the largest U.S. producer of small-caliber ammunition, as well as a leading producer of medium- and large-caliber ammunition and medium-caliber gun systems. Orbital ATK Defense Systems also develops advanced capabilities for missile-defense interceptors, fuzing and warheads, weaponized special-mission aircraft, and propulsion/controls.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years
Education: High School/GED