Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Entry Level Drafter/Designer
Orbital ATK’s Missile Products Group is currently seeking an Entry Level Drafter/Designer (Associate Design Technician) for our Design Modeling Group in our Rocket Center, WV office.
As a Mechanical Drafter/Designer your responsibilities will be to model fully defined components and assemblies efficiently using Siemens NX11 managed with Teamcenter UA, and create/revise parametric drawings in conformance with ASME modeling and drawing standards. You will work with various engineering disciplines to accomplish assigned tasks. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Accept work direction from other drafters/designers, engineers, and manager on assigned projects.
- Work from rough engineering notes, drawings, sketches and general instructions to create product/tooling designs and layouts.
- Designs minor components or portions of major systems and modify existing designs to develop or improve products and facilitate manufacturing operations.
- Mechanical modeling utilizing either I-deas NX6.4, or NX11.
- Create/revise parametric drawings in conformance with drawing standards.
- Review work to ensure accuracy and completeness on schedule and budget.
- Proficient computer skills to improve data entry tasks a plus.
- HS diploma or equivalent required. Associate’s Degree in formal educational program in Mechanical Drafting/Design/CAD or Technical design preferred.
- 0 - 2 years minimum CAD experience, experience with Siemens NX a plus.
- Ability to model fully defined components and assemblies efficiently.
- Ability to create/update parametric drawings in conformance with ASME 3D modeling and drawing standards.
- Familiar with Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing and ASME Y14.5M.
- Microsoft Office experience.
- US Citizen and ability to obtain a clearance.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Strong mechanical skills.
- Good business ethics, personal organization and trustworthiness.
- Strong willingness and ability to learn.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem solving, and time management skills.
- Candidate must be comfortable working extended periods of time at a work station.
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products and your ideas into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 0-1 Year
Education: High School/GED