Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
New River Energetics (NRE) at the Radford Army Ammunition Plant in Radford, Virginia, loads, assembles and packs 25 mm, 30 mm and LW30 mm ammunition for U.S. government and international customers. NRE also operates a gunpowder manufacturing facility, producing energetic materials for the commercial and sporting markets.
New River Energetics has an excellent opportunity for a Manufacturing/Process Engineer, responsible for maintaining the process control activities and plans for one of the product families (25mm, 30mm, or LW30) in the Medium Caliber Load, Assemble and Pack (MCA LAP) production line. This is a full-time, salaried position, reporting to the Manufacturing and Process Engineering Manager.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Correctly applies technical principles, theories, and concepts to develop Process Control Plans, resolve process upset conditions, review process performance, maintain key process metrics and lead Root Cause Corrective Actions, if necessary.
- Develops, maintains and ensures compliance with process control plans, quality assurance plans, and procedures.
- Ensures that the performance and quality of products within assigned product family conform to established standards, specifications and agency guidelines.
- Works directly with operating entities and Program Management to ensure that process control analyses, inspections, or audits are conducted on a continuing basis to enforce requirements and meet specifications.
- Ensures that the process control plans and policies are maintained and modified as needed.
- Establishes and ensures process verifications and key process parameter reviews are conducted prior to and during the processing of product in the manufacturing processes.
- Serves as the liaison between the manufacturing location and the Program Management engineering personnel. May also serve as a liaison between the company and various governmental agencies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Personal computer skills.
- Commitment to creating and maintaining a safe work environment.
- Strong time management skills.
- Valid State Driver’s license and safe driving and work record.
- Must be able to pass drug screen and criminal background check prior to hire.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 0-1 Year