Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Electrical Design Engineer
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an Electrical Design Engineer for the Missile Products Division located in Rocket Center, WV. This position requires applying engineering techniques for developing advanced electronic products and requires experience in applying Electrical Engineering practices on defense programs, including:
- Perform preliminary and detailed design of electronic devices, including design, analysis, manufacture and test
- Participate in selection of electronic components and processes for fabrication of product
- Prepare procedures and work instructions for product fabrication
- Oversee all aspects of testing efforts on assigned project, including planning, component fabrication, test execution, data reduction, and final reporting
- Compiles and analyzes test data to validate electronic circuits
- Troubleshoot technical and product issues while meeting cost & schedule goals
- Perform design tasks on critical safety ordnance products that would include schematic design, circuit board layout, packaging, circuit simulation/analysis and component tolerance analysis
- Interface with customer regarding product technical status and potential product improvements
- Participate in business development activities including cost estimating, preliminary design concepts, proposal writing, etc.
- Some domestic travel and limited international travel
- BS in Electrical Engineering plus a minimum of 2 years work experience in electronic design field (analog circuit design, digital circuit design, FPGA design, power conditioning electronics and general electrical engineering design functions)
- Candidates with MS in Electrical Engineering do not need a minimum of 2 years of experience
- Working knowledge of electronic principles, theories and design techniques
- Possess strong interpersonal skills to work effectively as part of an interdisciplinary team
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Must possess design skills and logical problem solving ability
- Active learner of new design techniques and technologies; stays current with industry trends in electrical components
- Hands-on experience in an industrial setting desired
- Ability to obtain a Secret Security Clearance which requires US Citizenship as a pre-requisite
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of analog & digital electronic devices containing safety features
- Demonstrated skills with circuit design software (schematic generation and circuit board layout with CAD tools such as Mentor Graphics)
- FPGA design in schematic mode
- Circuit simulation using tools such as Mentor System Vision or other PSPICE analytical tools)
- Software experience with applications such as LabView, MatLab, VHDL, Visual Basic, and C
- Experience with various electronic testing methods and equipment; ability to debug electronic circuits
- Knowledge of Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, SPC, design for assembly / design for manufacturing (DFA/DFM)
- Experience with 3-D modeling of electronic circuits
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ?and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years