Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Candidate will work with more senior Tooling Engineers to design, sketch, and analyze tooling needed for both production and development programs. Candidate will perform all necessary calculations for tools and be able to present the results in design reviews and PPCB. Candidate will be assigned tasks to maintain production tools. Will design, fabricate, and proof simple tools for production or development programs. Must be able to will work closely with the lead Tooling Engineer on the program.
Role description & Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- The ideal candidate must be able to determine requirements for tools/machines needed in all areas of plant i.e. Composite Structures, Structural Testing, Mix Cast, Fuze, and Final Assembly.
- Have a working knowledge of material strengths and engineering applications to assure compliance to requirements.
- Interface with design review teams to assure customer satisfaction with design.
- Manage multiple projects at once and create efficient designs to meet the program cost and schedule requirements.
- Have the ability and knowledge to check drawing against department standards.
- Work with internal Customers to concept needed support equipment for new and existing programs.
- Developing tooling concepts, creating/reviewing and improving manufacturing processes to meet Customer requirements
- Understand design costs and schedules
- Review drawings and designs for manufacturability
- Must be able to develop tool/machine concepts that meet these requirements and create 2-D sketches and perform stress analysis calculations on tooling designs and conduct design reviews presenting the results.
- Present designs to PPCB.
- The candidate must work with machine shops to have the tools fabricated and work with Operations to proof new tools
- Applicant must be able to trouble shoot and repair existing tools.
- Attend IPT meetings
- Must be able to learn IDEAS and NX CAD software
- Must have a working knowledge of GD&T per ANSI/ASME Y14.5M-1994.
- Willing to work off hours to support program needs
- B.S. in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Civil Engineering & 2 years’ experience
- Experience in a manufacturing environment with experience in mechanical and/or machine design preferred.
- Demonstrated hands-on mechanical ability.
- Knowledge of computer aided design software.
- Microsoft Office Suite – Excel, Word, Power Point, etc
- Must be able to acquire a Secret security clearance (US Citizenship is required).
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years