Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission; whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Assist in development and execution of test processes. Researching, learning, understanding and utilizing/operating test equipment, instrumentation, and facilities. Develop and maintain work instructions for test processes. Providing suggestions to improve productivity. Researching and specifying equipment for new or improvement of processes. Provide day-to-day, as needed, support to Test personnel. Review and assist in determining requirements for test arrangements/fixtures. Assist in review of test data and/or troubleshooting test equipment/instrumentation.
- Support Test Technicians, as needed, in the 3 test areas – Static Firing Range, Physical Property Testing, and Structural Test Lab.
- Develop/Review procedures, instrumentation and fixturing for testing.
- Learn various pieces of test equipment/facilities, data acquisition systems, and instrumentation.
- Coordinate with Engineering on upcoming test requirements/custom set-ups/issues.
- Research and evaluate commercially available tools and equipment to support/improve Testing activities.
- Review existing processes to improve safety, quality, cost and efficiency.
- Incorporate engineering changes on work in process.
- Support Pre-Test Review and Design meetings.
Education and Experience
- BS in Engineering (Electrical/Mechanical/Aerospace) & 2 years comparable work experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Access and Excel)
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Ability to work in a team environment - Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance which requires US Citizenship as a pre-requisite
- Instrumentation knowledge/experience (i.e. pressure, force, accelerometer, temperature, strain gage, etc)
- Instrumentation calibration knowledge
- Data Acquistion System operation experience
- EXCEL macro programming experience/programming skills
- ACCESS Database experience/programming skills
- VB Programming skills
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years