Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Inventory Control Specialist
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Principal Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
• Receives and verifies incoming items assuring items received are accurate
• Conduct count and condition of incoming items and compare to purchase orders and packing lists.
• Inputs required data into ERP inventory system including transfers and deletions.
• Maintains labeling system on each stock item.
• May assist in stocking received material.
• Perform receiving duties such as: auditing, preparing, and verifying paperwork.
• Work closely with receiving inspection to ensure items are received accurately.
• Investigate and reconcile inventory discrepancies.
• May be cross-trained and perform in other areas of Supply Chain.
• Company receiving practices, procedures, and requirements will be followed.
• Assist with and provide input to the development and implementation of inventory control procedures and best practices.
• May operate passenger vehicles to transport materials on company property.
•Experience in MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
•Security Clearance may be required
•Excellent attendance record with ability to work flexible hours and able to meet overtime requirements
•Receiving/stock room/warehouse operations is a plus
•Requires a High School Diploma or GED, College degree preferred.
•Must be able to work independently with a minimum of supervision.
•Able to lift 50 pounds.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years
Education: High School/GED