Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Principal Electrical Engineer
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an experienced Principal Electrical Engineer to provide leadership to our Missile Products team in our Plymouth, MN office.
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
This position requires experience in applying Electrical Engineering practices to all phases of military programs for Fuzing applications, including:
- Lead a team of Electrical Engineers through development ensuring processes and procedures are followed, technical tradeoffs are considered, design requirements identified and understood, milestone adherence and change management.
- Performs research, design, and development in such areas as power conditioning electronics, analog circuit design, digital circuit design, FPGA design, and other general electrical engineering design functions.
- Applies research to the planning, design, development and testing of electrical circuits for use in military applications.
- Is capable of generating design schematics preferably with experience using CAD tools such as Mentor Graphics.
- Develops specifications for and performs selection of components for use in electrical circuits for military applications. Utilizes electrical CAD tools such as Mentor System Vision for circuit performance prediction in aid of circuit development.
- Oversees board layout and provides pertinent design factors for first pass success on circuit realization.
- Compiles and analyzes test data to determine effect of design on electrical circuits for military applications.
- Possess strong analytical skills to enable risk analyses and management throughout program.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills to work effectively within a development team to understand system level interdependencies that impact requirements and design constraints.
- Preferably an understanding of Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) disciplines; including design for assembly / design for manufacturing (DFA/DFM).
- Requires a minimum BSEE or BSCE +7 years or an MSEE +5 years from an accredited college.
- Experience in technical leadership of a complex program requiring the coordination of engineering work effort.
- Design experience in the areas of analog, digital, power conditioning, PWB/CCA design and evaluation, electronics packaging, processors and FPGAs. History of leading technical activities.
- Experience in modeling and simulation of systems at various levels of integration.
- Prefer experience in developing high reliability electronics to meet military environments such as extreme temperature conditions, high G shock loads, vibration, and extended storage times.
- Position may require occasional travel (up to 10%) to meet with various customers, in both government and industry, and to interface with suppliers.
- Able to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to cross functional team members.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, rapidly changing, short turn-around environment
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years