Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrup Grumman Innovation Systems is currently seeking a Poduction Planner to provide planning support for our Launch Vehicle Division in Chandler, AZ.
- Coordinates purchase requisitions and manufacturing orders based on program/manufacturing needs and existing inventory.
- Coordinates with other departments to ensure appropriate routing, scheduling, and availability of components, assemblies and all materials necessary to support the bill of material and program requirements;
- Plan, issue and control material demands in order to meet production scheduling requirements
- Advise management of status of work in process, material availability and potential production problems to ensure that materials are available as needed
- Participate in interdepartmental meetings with Program Management, Quality, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Engineering, Receiving and Stockroom
- Coordinate material movement between stockroom and production areas
- Create Procurement Requisitions and Manufacturing Orders
- Controls excess, insufficient, or deficient materials. This may require working with, Engineering, Program Managers, Buyers, or Quality Engineers
- Provides input, based on materials availability, to the Master Scheduler Ability to work in a team environment
Education and Experience
Generally requires BS & 2 years or equivalent combination of education & experience.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years