Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Sr Principal Software Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
The successful candidate for this position will be responsible for the design and implementation of embedded software, simulation, and test tools through the full software life cycle for launch vehicles. This includes the development of software requirement specifications and design documentation as well as participating in software process activities including peer reviews, integration testing, and configuration management. The candidate may also work in conjunction with a software project manager to develop schedules, track progress, lead a development team, and support internal and external program and customer meetings. The ideal candidate shall possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering with a minimum of 10 years of experience.
A security clearance or the ability to obtain a security clearance is also required. Candidates should have experience with large real-time embedded systems and the full software development lifecycle. Experience with software project management is a plus.
- Object Oriented (OO) software development experience with the C++ programming language
- Experience in embedded real-time software development, debug and test
- Experience with real time operating systems (RTOS) environments including VxWorks, Integrity, LynxOS or other equivalent RTOS
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with full software development lifecycle
- Experience with PowerPC processors (PPC 750, 8260 & 8280)
- Interrupt Service Routine, Device Driver, and chip level software development and debugging experience
- Working knowledge of hardware/software analysis tools (debuggers, logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, emulators, etc)
- Proficiency with Linux and Linux based software development tools
- Familiarity with DOORS (Requirement Management System), Rational Rose, Rhapsody, Razor and Synergy tools
- Experience with CMM/SEI or equivalent software development process
- Experience with UML in developing design models
- Experience with space craft or launch systems software development is highly desired.
Education and Experience
Requires BS in Engineering & 10 years or Masters in Engineering & 7 years or PhD in Engineering & 5 years.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years