Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Technician Team Supervisor
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Maintain a safe work environment while achieving on time delivery and quality objectives
- Continuous and ongoing job specific training and education
- Maintains safe, clean working environment by educating and training of direct report personnel
- Supports workflow through preparation, scheduling, and organizational awareness
- Reviews shop instructions for safety, quality, process ability and releases, monitors, and tracks work to successful conclusion
- Understands what ?typical? is and when to escalate non-typical issues
- Maintains floor presence where coaching, counseling, and training occurs on an individual basis
- Resolves processing issues through investigation, root cause identification, corrective action implementation, and verification
- Motivates and enforces strict compliance to company policies and procedures
- Develops strategic staffing plans, generates requisitions, performs interviews, and assists in the candidate(s) selection process. Prepares cost and budget estimates, manage projects to scope, budget, and schedule. Approves time cards.
- Develops team goals to support department and company objectives. Regularly monitors and documents performance evaluations of direct reports (as a minimum mid-year, end of year), and provides continuous performance feedback (reward, coach and discipline).
Education and Experience
Generally requires HS & 10years or equivalentcombination of education &experience.
Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and other support software with a technical aptitude for inherent processing.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 8-10 Years
Education: High School/GED