Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Principal Software Engineer
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
The successful candidate for this position will be responsible for the design, implementation, and execution of verification test procedures for launch vehicle embedded software, launch support software, simulation software, and test tools. This includes development and management of software requirements, test case design and test procedure development and execution, and analysis and verification of test artifacts. Other responsibilities will include participation in other software process activities such as peer reviews, integration testing, and configuration management.
- Requires a BS in Computer Science or Engineering & 7 years or Masters in Engineering & 5 years of related experience.
- Recent experience with requirements-based avionics software verification/testing
- Experience with full software life-cycle development
- Experience with CMMI/SEI or equivalent software development process
- Proficiency with Linux and Linux scripting languages (shell, Perl, Expect, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Ability to obtain a DOD Secret clearance is required
Preferred Qualification for Job Posting:
- Proficiency with hardware/software analysis tools (logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, emulators, etc.)
- Proficiency with MATLAB computing environment and script programming
- Familiarity with DOORS Requirement Management System and Rational Synergy & Change
- Familiarity with RTOS and low-level device driver development and verification
- Experience with space craft or launch systems subsystem software verification
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years