Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Principal Systems Engineer- GMD Program
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Principal Systems Engineer will play a role in support of GMD Boost Vehicle development and production efforts for the Systems Engineering group, including one or more of the following activities: requirements definition, requirements verification; and system integration including hardware/software design implementation and testing. A key product will be establishing manufacturing and test plans, and laying out processes for future launch vehicle production, which will require working closely with our I&T and Operations counterparts in the field.
- Requires Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS) in Engineering with 7 years of related experience preferred
- Ability to obtain a Security clearance (SECRET or higher) which generally requires US Citizenship as a prerequisite
- Ability to work in a team environment, and lead other people
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to present to large customer community
- Ability to solve problems, lead troubleshooting efforts, drive tasks to completion
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and multi-task
- Experience performing formal requirements decomposition and/or verification preferred
- Requirements management and design review experience preferred
- DOORS experience preferred
- Project management experience preferred
- Experience with verification of component and system requirements preferred
- Ability to develop trade studies and present results to senior management
- Interface analysis and ICD development experience preferred
- Experience writing and executing test procedures a plus
- Electrical, Mechanical, Aerospace or Systems engineering background preferred
- Minimal travel required (<20%)
Education and Experience
Requires BS in Engineering & 7 years or Masters in Engineering & 5 years or PhD & 2 years.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years