Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr. Princ. Software Engineer
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Senior Principal Software Engineer
Orbital ATK Special Missions Aircraft in Fort Worth, TX is a part of Defense Electronic Systems Division. Orbital ATK SMA Fort Worth TX is seeking a Senior Principal Software Engineer
- Designs, develops, operates, and maintains software components and computing systems software to be applied to and integrated with engineering requirements.
- Develops, tests, and documents software programs including operating systems, applications, and network products.
- Applies the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the system development life cycle to support the generation of engineering applications and products.
- Conducts or participates in multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems software.
- Determines computer user needs; advises hardware designers on machine characteristics that affect software systems such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements.
- Designs and develops utility programs and operating systems such as executive programs.
- Interfaces with customers, suppliers, application users, and other technical and support personnel.
- Utilizes and maintains Software Configuration Management tools.
- Ability to lead Software engineering teams is a required attribute.
- C/C++ programming
- Microsoft Foundation Class (MFC) Library experience
- Microsoft Visual Studio experience
- C/C++ Development Tooling experience
- Windows/Linux experience
- Test plan and procedure development
- Software configuration management
- Technical writing
- Solid background in Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) and attack aircraft
- Working knowledge of Wescam MX-15D EO/IR sensor turrets
- Distributed computer hardware architecture
- Ability to remotely trouble shoot issues and support OCONUS-located field service personnel
- Linux and Windows RTOS
- AGM-114 Hellfire missiles
- APKWS guided rockets
- MIL-STD 1553, 1760 buses
- Automatically trained automatic cannon (examples, M230LF or Mk. 44 Bushmaster) fire control systems
- Debug and repair of custom mission computers in a lab environment
- BSCS, BSCE, BSEE or other directly relevant Bachelor’s degree required.
- A minimum of 15 years of a suitable combination of experience developing avionic system software applications and other relevant experience with a B.S. or 13 years of the above mentioned experience with a M.S.
- Ability to obtain and maintain any required Government issued Security Clearance up to and including a Top Secret/SCI and Polygraph, which usually requires US Citizenship as a pre-requisite.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products and your ideas into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do! We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years