Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Princ. Systems Engineer - Aviation Certification Specialty
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK Inc. is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
Orbital ATK Defense Systems Group is an industry leader in ammunition, precision and strike weapons, missile-warning solutions, and tactical rocket motors across air, sea and land-based systems. We are the largest U.S. producer of small-caliber ammunition, as well as a leading producer of medium- and large-caliber ammunition and medium-caliber gun systems. Orbital ATK Defense Systems also develops advanced capabilities for missile-defense interceptors, fuzing and warheads, weaponized special-mission aircraft, and propulsion/controls.
Orbital ATK Defense Electronic Systems is a division of Defense Group. Our facility in Fort Worth, TX is seeking a Systems Engineer, Certification Specialty Position
Perform certification planning and coordination activities for ATK. Provide insight and guidance for certification approaches for new business proposals. Assess civil and military certification requirements for projects, assemble certification plans, coordinate with FAA organizations and representatives, establish traceability to test plans, and monitor/manage certification throughout program lifecycle. Present certification plans/status in major program reviews. Coordinate, collect, and manage program certification data.
Specific Tasks include:
- Lead Certification Team as Certification Lead for Missionized and Weaponized a ircraft.
- Assess projects for best certification approach – estimate cost and schedule.
- Maintain certification status and brief to management
- Plan and conduct certification reviews; prepare review package and publish approved documents.
- Be certification authority for modifications performedto Civil, Military, and Commercial Derivative Aircraft
- Coordinate certification activities with the Engineering Design and Test Departments.
- Coordinate certification activities with the Operations and Quality Acceptance (QA) Group during aircraft modification and installation.
- Coordinate Engineering Documentation with FAA DERs for review and approval.
- Coordinate Military certification with DoD certification authorities
- Minimum 10 years working Aircraft Airworthiness Certification
- Minimum of Bachelors of Science in Engineering, preferably Aerodynamics, Mechanical, or Electrical
- Knowledge and experience with FAA regulations for Airworthiness, primarily Title14 CFR Parts 23/25
- Experience with the Supplemental Type Certification (STC), Repair Station, and Field Approval processes
- Knowledge and experience with Title 14 CFR Parts 27/29 is a plus
- Knowledge and experience with Mil-Hdbk-516 Certification
- Experience with Commercial Derivative Aircraft certification is a plus
- Experience with foreign airworthiness certification is a plus
- Proven Team Leader
- Good time management and multi-tasking capabilities
- Able to focus on details while maintaining the Big Picture
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications
- Good presentation skills
- Able to obtain an interim DoD Secret clearance
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do!
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years