Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr. Princ. Systems Engineer - Vehicle Conceptional Design
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK Defense Systems Group is an industry leader in ammunition, precision and strike weapons, missile-warning solutions, and tactical rocket motors across air, sea and land-based systems. We are the largest U.S. producer of small-caliber ammunition, as well as a leading producer of medium- and large-caliber ammunition and medium-caliber gun systems. Orbital ATK Defense Systems also develops advanced capabilities for missile-defense interceptors, fuzing and warheads, weaponized special-mission aircraft, and propulsion/controls.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an experienced Sr. Principle Systems Design Engineer to provide leadership to our Defense Electronic Systems team in our Northridge, CA offices.
Role description & Responsibilities:
Senior Principle Systems Engineer and key technical contributor for systems development for tactical missile systems. Key responsibilities include:
- Vehicle Conceptual Design Engineering – Customer needs and solutions exploration for vehicle sizing and design space exploration, early vehicle performance analysis & assessments
- Vehicle Configuration Management – Maintain traceability of the vehicle to requirements, to past configurations, and tracking of physical characteristics of vehicle configurations (CAD models, packaging properties, mass properties)
- Trade studies and mechanical analysis for vehicle configurations
- Managing interfaces with prime contractors and subcontractors for mechanical integration coordination, interface definition, and joint analysis for system configurations
- Preparation and presentation of mechanical configuration information to customers via program interchange meetings, program reports, white papers, and proposals
- Air vehicle mechanical architecture development
- Well-versed, skilled and disciplined in system engineering processes
- Multi-disciplinary engineering skills, subject matter expertise in at least one area
- Familiar with multi-disciplinary optimization methods, analysis, and tools sets desired
- Background in aerospace systems; basic understanding of aircraft systems, missile systems, GNC, warheads, survivability, and their design drivers
- 12-18 years’ experience in systems and hi-tech product development
- Minimum B.S. engineering degree or related; M.S. preferred
- Must hold or qualify for a DoD Secret Clearance; Top Secret desired
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
This location –Northridge, CA. has a 9/80 Schedule; which means every other Friday off!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years