Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Sr. Principal Electronic Systems Design Expert
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Role description & Responsibilities:
Senior Principle Systems Engineer and key technical contributor for systems development for tactical missile systems. Key responsibilities include:
- Vehicle Systems Electrical Design Engineering – Customer needs and solutions exploration for vehicle power systems, computing systems, and avionics systems sizing and design space exploration, early vehicle performance analysis & assessments
- Vehicle Configuration Management – Maintain traceability of the vehicle requirements to electronics subsystems, maintain configuration control of subsystems for conceptual and preliminary design activities and tracking subsystems power, cooling, interface, and mechanical packaging requirements
- Trade studies and performance assessment of subsystems; includes modeling & simulations
- Managing interfaces with subcontractors for vehicle integration coordination, interface definition, and joint analysis for system configurations
- Preparation and presentation of subsystems conceptual and preliminary design configurations and performance assessment information to customers via program interchange meetings, program reports, white papers, and proposals
- Familiarity with a variety of avionics and sensor systems for use on missile systems is desired.
- Well-versed, skilled and disciplined in system engineering processes
- Multi-disciplinary engineering skills, subject matter expertise in at least one area
- Familiar with multi-disciplinary optimization methods, analysis, and tools sets desired
- Background in aerospace systems; basic understanding of aircraft systems, missile systems, GNC, warheads, survivability, and their design drivers
- 12-18 years’ experience in systems and hi-tech product development
- Minimum B.S. engineering degree or related; M.S. preferred
- Must hold or qualify for a DoD Secret Clearance; Top Secret desired
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: 25-50%
Years of Experience: 8-10 Years