Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Staff Systems Engineer - Electro-Magnetics Analysis
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK Defense Systems Group is an industry leader in ammunition, precision and strike weapons, missile-warning solutions, and tactical rocket motors across air, sea and land-based systems. We are the largest U.S. producer of small-caliber ammunition, as well as a leading producer of medium- and large-caliber ammunition and medium-caliber gun systems. Orbital ATK Defense Systems also develops advanced capabilities for missile-defense interceptors, fuzing and warheads, weaponized special-mission aircraft, and propulsion/controls.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an experienced Staff Systems Engineer to provide leadership to our Defense Electronic Systems team in our Northridge, CA offices.
Role description & Responsibilities:
Staff Systems Engineer and key technical contributor for systems development for complex military systems. Key responsibilities include:
- Electromagnetics Systems Engineering – Requirements, design, and materials development in electromagnetics.
- Computational Electro-Magnetics analysis
- Mission analysis, System conceptual design and system analysis for complex military systems
- Trade studies and system design performance assessment of RF systems and components
- Managing subcontractors, SOW/Specification development, and interface definitions
- Excellent communications and technical management skills required, as it will involve direct interface with customers and suppliers.
- Technical expertise for requirements, product development, integration, performance assessment and verification of propulsion for electromagnetics components and systems.
- Recommend proper courses of action taking into account identified risks, requirements, budgetary constraints, and program schedules.
- Well-versed, skilled and disciplined in system engineering processes
- Multi-disciplinary engineering skills, subject matter expertise in Electromagnetics
- Familiar with multi-disciplinary optimization methods, analysis, and tools sets desired
- 10 years minimum experience in systems engineering and/or military product development
- Minimum B.S. engineering degree or related; M.S. preferred
- Must hold or qualify for a DoD Secret Clearance; Top Secret desired
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
This location –Northridge, CA. has a 9/80 Schedule; which means every other Friday off!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years