Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Principal System Security Engineer
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission - whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Job Description for Senior Principal System Security Engineer
Orbital ATK Defense Electronics Systems is a division of the Orbital ATK Defense Group. Our facility in Northridge, CA is seeking candidates for the a position as a System Security Engineer, including elements of Anti-Tamper (AT), Cybersecurity, Software Assurance, Supply Chain Risk Management, and Program Protection(PP).
The System Security Engineer will provide technical leadership for Program Protection for a missile development program. The position requires strong systems engineering with requirements development/management skills. Excellent communications skills required, as it will involve direct interface with customers and suppliers. The System Security Engineer provides technical expertise for the requirements, design and analysis, implementation, and verification/certification of Program Protection, Cybersecurity, and Anti-Tamper solutions under the US government Risk Management Framework and recommends reasonable courses of action taking into account identified risks, requirements, budgetary constraints, and program schedules.
- BS, Engineering or Computer Science
- MS, Engineering or Computer Science Desired
- 8 to 10 years minimum in aerospace/defense industry
- 5 years of relevant experience in the fields of computer technology, PP, AT, or Cybersecurity
- Experience in requirements generation, design, development, integration, and testing of systems for military applications
- Experience with weapon systems and real-time operating systems
- Experience leading and advising DoD customers on PP issues
- Experience with program protection concepts, anti-tamper, cryptography, and security solutions
- Familiarity with documentation and tools such as: DoD 8500 series, DoD 5200 series, NIST Special Publications (800-53, 800-37, etc.)
- Active DoD Secret Security clearance with ability to obtain Top Secret clearance
- Project management experience
- Excellent oral presentation skills
- Team player/builder
- Excellent time management skills
- Problem solver
Desired Experience and Skills:
- DoD Top Secret clearance with current SSBI within last 5 years
- Cyber Certifications in accordance with DoDD 8570/DoDD 8140 such as CISSP, GSLC, CEH
- Aircraft/store integration experience
Orbital ATK has the people, strategy, agility, and products to thrive in a highly dynamic national security and space environment. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years