Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Proposal Material Program Manager -Supply Chain
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK Defense Systems Group is an industry leader in ammunition, precision and strike weapons, missile-warning solutions, and tactical rocket motors across air, sea and land-based systems. We are the largest U.S. producer of small-caliber ammunition, as well as a leading producer of medium- and large-caliber ammunition and medium-caliber gun systems. Orbital ATK Defense Systems also develops advanced capabilities for missile-defense interceptors, fuzing and warheads, weaponized special-mission aircraft, and propulsion/controls.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an experienced Proposal Material Program Manager to provide bid/proposal leadership to our Defense Electronic Systems team in our Northridge, CA offices.
The Proposal Material Program Manager (MPM) is a strong leader with demonstrated project management and supply chain management skills.
- Manages all SCM cost volume activities, compiles cost, schedule, and technical elements in the development of proposals in accordance with request for proposal (RFP) specifications
- Support and lead contracting various tasks including RFP development and proposal evaluation (i.e. cost and price analysis)
- Balance strategic thinking with tactical application to support program execution
- Identify and mitigate proposal risks as they pertain to material requirements
- Meet company and customer requirements by providing the linkage between customer, subcontractor, program management and internal support functions
- Extensive contact with all proposal team members, subcontractors, customers and leadership in concert with the other proposal volume leaders is key to winning new business by meeting strategy, schedule, and compliance requirements
- Researches and analyzes historical data, develops cost models to support proposal efforts, coordinates activities and participates in fact-finding meetings
- Participates in pricing reviews with management and customer representatives
- Ability to create accurate ROM estimates for management “What if” analysis
- Capable of influencing Senior Leadership, Proposal Leadership, and Proposal Teams to ensure proposals are current, accurate, complete, and reasonable
- Establish/negotiate material budgets to support program requirements
- Responsible for creating Supply Chain Management labor/material BOEs
- Managing program material proposal activities
Basic Qualifications to Succeed:
- Experience in bidding to different contract types (FFP, CPFF, CPIF, CPAF,T&M)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills Working Knowledge of FAR, DFARs and other Government procurement regulations as they pertain to bid/costing proposals
- Proven experience leading US Government price proposals in excess of $50 million
- Working knowledge of EVMS and the ability to manage Subcontractors under a program with EVMS requirements
- Experience with cost reimbursable and incentive fee subcontracts
- Experience working with technical and estimating staff to build and create or update Consolidated Proposal BOMs.
- Experience in proposal analysis and negotiation of major subcontracts
- Must be able to exercise influence and lead others
- Ability to make independent decisions, be self-motivated, possess excellent communications skills, detail-oriented, and team player
- Capable of multi-tasking and able to work extended hours as necessary
- Experience working with Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) and Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA)
- Communicate clearly, and excel in a fast paced environment,
- Ability to be flexible, innovative, work with speed and agility to drive tasks to completion
- Intermediate user with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Project, Excel and PowerPoint
- Generally requires Bachelor's degree from an accredited college and 8 years related experience or a Master's degree and 5 years related experience
- Must be a US Citizen
- Material Program Management and/or Supply Chain Management experience working on prime defense programs
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to travel domestic and internationally
- Supply Chain/Program Management experience under a Prime Contract
- Integrated Product Team experience
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Accounting, Finance, Economics or Business
- Experience leading and supporting prime proposal efforts
- Experience developing, supporting and negotiating learning curve or rate adjusted learning curve based cost estimation techniques.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years