Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr. Princ Material Program Manager - Supply Chain
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK Defense Systems Group is an industry leader in ammunition, precision and strike weapons, missile-warning solutions, and tactical rocket motors across air, sea and land-based systems. We are the largest U.S. producer of small-caliber ammunition, as well as a leading producer of medium- and large-caliber ammunition and medium-caliber gun systems. Orbital ATK Defense Systems also develops advanced capabilities for missile-defense interceptors, fuzing and warheads, weaponized special-mission aircraft, and propulsion/controls.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an experienced Sr. Princ. Material Program Manager to provide leadership to our Defense Electronic Systems team in our Northridge, CA offices.
Sr Princ Material Program Manager is a strong leader with demonstrated project management and supply chain management skills. This MPM position will support both the proposal and execution phases of a large development program with major subcontractors.
- Liaison for assigned program(s) and supply chain management function including buyers, planners, subcontract administrators, customers, suppliers, etc
- Represent Orbital ATK in Program Management Reviews (PMRs) and leadership briefings (internal/external)
- Support and lead contracting various tasks including RFP development and proposal evaluation (i.e. cost and price analysis)
- Cost accounting responsibility (material and labor) with Earned Value Management System (EVMS) Requirements
- Oversee all Supply Chain Management activities needed to meet program requirements and maintain link between various Supply Chain functions including; Purchasing/Sub-Contracts, Logistics and Production Control
- Understand basic technical knowledge of the assigned program(s)
- Balance strategic thinking with tactical application to support program execution
- Identify and mitigate program risks as they pertain to material requirements
- Communicate linkage of overall program and supply chain objectives and establish compatible long-range vision and strategy for strategic subcontracts including strategic agreements
- Oversee program planning and execution through applicable phases to support prime program requirements: concept, exploration, engineering development, advanced development, production, sustainment, retirement, etc.
- Meet company and customer requirements by providing the linkage between customer, subcontractor, program management and internal support functions
- Ensure program-wide focus on safety, reliability, cost, and schedule and adequacy of systems, procedures, people and selection of companies (companies, strategic partners) for long term success
- Establish/negotiate material budgets to support program requirements
- Establish and track monthly sales/expense forecasts, risks, and opportunities
- Focal point and lead for Program EACs as it pertains to material
- Responsible creating Supply Chain Management labor BOEs
- Managing program material proposal activities
Basic Qualifications to Succeed:
- Working knowledge of EVMS and the ability to manage Subcontractors under a program with EVMS requirements
- Experience with cost reimbursable and incentive fee subcontracts
- Experience in proposal analysis and negotiation of major subcontracts
- Must be able to exercise influence and lead others
- Proven leadership skills and experience managing multiple projects from inception to completion
- Ability to make independent decisions, be self-motivated, possess excellent communications skills, detail-oriented, and team player
- Capable of multi-tasking and able to work extended hours as necessary
- Experience working with Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) and Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA)
- Communicate clearly, and excel in a fast paced environment,
- Ability to be flexible, innovative, work with speed and agility to drive tasks to completion
- Intermediate user with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Project, Excel and PowerPoint
- In depth working knowledge with FAR/DFAR
- Generally requires BS & 14 years or equivalent combination of education & experience
- Must be a US Citizen and Active DoD Secret security clearance
- Material Program Management and/or Supply Chain Management experience working on prime defense programs
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to travel domestic and internationally
- Strong Program and Budget Management skills
- Supply Chain/Program Management experience under a Prime Contract
- Integrated Product Team experience
- Certified Professional in Supply Chain Management (CPSM)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Accounting, Finance, Economics or Business
- Lean and Six Sigma Training and/or Certification desired
- Experience leading and support prime proposal efforts
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years