Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Orbital ATK Space Systems Group designs, manufactures and operates small and medium-class spacecraft for communications, imaging, scientific, exploration and national security space applications. The Group is leading supplier of space components that power and enable satellites of all classes, provides technical engineering services to government agencies and laboratories, and is developing exciting new satellite servicing and advanced space flight technologies.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Our Commerce, California location has an immediate, regular F/T opportunity for an experienced Sr. Buyer to join our Supply Chain team.
- Procures material requirements to drive the lowest possible cost and year over year savings.
- Purchase of material, parts, and services. Purchases standard equipment, tools, raw material, parts, services and supplies necessary for operations.
- Develops and maintains good, ethical supplier relationships while driving supplier performance
- Recommends supplier selection and develops competitive sources of supply in accordance with good business practices, company policies and procedures and government regulations.
- Apprises management and user community of supplier progress and/or problems to ensure business needs are met within the needed timelines.
- Negotiates prices, delivery and terms and conditions for procurement of assigned commodities or services and issues appropriate commitment document; act as committing authority for the company in relationship with supplier.
- Assists in studies of market trends – advises leadership of any industry or supplier issues that may affect price, service, quality or any threats/opportunities to our supply chain.
- Prepares requests for quotations (RFPs, RFQs, and RFIs), examines bids, makes award recommendations and places orders.
- Provides support in follow-up activities and/or to expedite the delivery of goods and services.
- Interface with manufacturing, shipping and receiving, accounting and suppliers to resolve issues, establish priorities, and coordinate shipments to meet customer requirements.
- Collaborate, develop, and implement second source strategies.
- Additional tasks will be assigned by the Procurement Manager.
- Strong Commodity and Supplier Knowledge in support of Maintenance, Repair, and Operations.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as drawings, contracts, processes and procedures.
- Ability work independently in a fast paced multifaceted operation, highly motivated and a desire to provide superior customer service.
- Proficient in Microsoft’s Office suite of products (Excel, Word, PPT, etc.)
- Demonstrated understanding of MRP, Supply Chain and Procurement principles.
- Good negotiating, communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Thorough knowledge of purchasing and principles including the ability to research, analyze, negotiate and close various types of purchasing projects within the guidelines of good business and ethical practices.
- Strong organizational skills including effective time management skills.
- Forward thinking and the ability to create a vision and see it through to implementation.
- Strong analytical skills required: ability to define problems, collect data, and draw logical conclusions.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and teamwork skills
- Focused on and motivated to provide excellent customer service
- Ability to identify and support continuous process improvements
- Ability to make decisions and work with limited supervision
- US Citizen
- Degree Preferred.
- Minimum 4-5 Years Procurement experience, manufacturing or aerospace industry a plus.
- Six-Sigma, CPIM and CPM/CSPM certifications a plus
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Products
- ERP system experience preferred
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products – and your ideas – into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years