Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr Manufacturing Engineer
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
JOB TITLE: Senior Manufacturing Engineer
A dominate player in their industry located in Commerce, CA, Orbital ATK is searching for an experienced Sr Manufacturing Engineer to join the Manufacturing Engineering team. The Sr Manufacturing Engineer will work on assigned programs on non-recurring work as well as provide technical support on the shop floor.
- Creating and improving manufacturing processes to meet challenging hardware requirements.
- Reviewing engineering designs and drawings for accuracy and manufacturability.
- Managing Manufacturing Bill of Materials through the use of MRP.
- Working alongside the manufacturing teams to ensure that overall quality, delivery and cost objectives are achieved.
- Communicating manufacturing plans and processes to internal and external customers through Manufacturing Readiness Reviews
- Provides technical guidance and liaison to operations, assists the supervisors on new techniques and assist in the determination of causes of rejected parts.
- Continuously work to improve manufacturing methods, efficiency and product quality. Participate in continuous improvement projects.
- Creating manufacturing plans and detailed work instructions. Provide redlines and/or updating of Manufacturing Work Instructions on the shop floor.
- Specify all necessary special processes, equipment, and fixtures required for manufacturing on assigned programs.
- Assist in tool design when required to help support operations by developing tooling concepts and using of CAD software to model and release of tool drawings.
- Monitor quality discrepancies, identify trends, investigate problems and implement corrective actions.
- Evaluates manufacturing processes by applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; soliciting observations from operators.
- Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and demonstrate the ability to determine critical parameters and develop process controls.
- Working knowledge of machining processes; lathe, milling, CNC programming
- Working knowledge of TIG welding and heat treating processes a plus.
- Proficiency with Computer-Aided Design (CAD) software required. Siemens NX a plus.
- Proficient in reading engineering drawings and a good understand of GD&T.
- Proficiency with MS Office required; MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
- Understanding of 5S and Lean Manufacturing experience a plus.
- Proven multi-tasker and self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- US Citizen
Education and Experience
- Minimum B.S. in Mechanical, Aerospace, Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years of demonstrated experience in manufacturing engineering or in a manufacturing environment; Aerospace manufacturing environment preferred.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years