Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Program Manager (Integrated Thermal Systems)
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK is seeking a Program Manager for our Beltsville, MD location in support of the Integrated Thermal Systems (ITS) segment within the Space Components Division:
Summary & Responsibilities:
The Program Manager position responsibilities are broad and rewarding; you are the direct interface to external customers in this position. For your external, end-item customer you are responsible for capturing new and follow-on business through the development of business relationships and achieving programming expectations. For your internal customer you are responsible to support in any capacity necessary to ensure Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost goals for your program are achieved.
- Plan and execute all aspects of contracted program and has complete responsibility for successfully managing all technical, financial, contractual and schedule aspects of multiple programs. Has P&L responsibility for assigned programs. Works with customers to define requirements and is their primary contact on status and performance. Anticipates and fulfills customer needs to ensure their satisfaction and continued business.
- Captures new business and contributes to defining technical strategy for assigned product segment. Manages a variety of Bid and Proposal efforts. Participates in business strategy sessions.
- Leads a cross functional team of associates with a wide range of skill sets, ensuring roles and responsibilities of all team members are well understood and executed. Provide overall leadership to program team and drive technical compliance.
- Acts as customer interface for program activities. Leads program review sessions with the customer to address cost, schedule and technical performance.
- Manages subcontractor actions and performance.
- Develops and manages technical performance metrics on assigned projects.
- Identifies and executes plans to mitigate program risks.
- Ensures program-wide focus on safety, reliability, cost and schedule, and adequacy of systems, procedures, and people for long term success.
Candidates interested in this position must have past performance to demonstrate the qualifications listed:
- Requires Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of technical experience or Master’s degree and 3+ years of technical experience.
- Requires 2 - 10 years of Program Management experience, managing aerospace engineering/ manufacturing programs (thermal technologies and/or space structures) build-to-specification/development programs.
- Ability to manage external customers and internal functional teams through all aspects of engineering, development, hardware fabrication and product testing.
- Experience with growing existing business and/or new business with current customers
- Ability to utilize excellent decision making and risk management skills to create profit and meet schedule.
- Experience with leadership, coaching and building effective teams.
- Demonstrated financial management skills including: development and control of program budgets, schedules, risk management, EAC’s and the ability to recognize and capture program changes.
- Past experience involving Spacecraft 2-Phase thermal control devices and/or structural elements is preferred
- Action oriented; driven by measurable results.
- Excellent external and internal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to acquire a Security Clearance (requires US Citizenship as a prerequisite).
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ?and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years
Expertise: Project Management, EAC, Program Management, Business Development