Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Program Control Analyst
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an experienced Program Control Analyst to provide leadership to our Missile Products Division team in our Rocket Center, WV offices.
Role description & Responsibilities:
The Program Control Analyst partners with program management, functional leaders, internal and external customers, and other financial entities to plan and execute programs and contracts.
- Support program execution through monthly and weekly performance analysis on a variety of fixed-price and/or cost-type programs
- Support strategic planning process
- Perform quarterly Estimate-At-Completion (EAC) exercises with program Control Account Managers and Functional Managers. Compile periodic (e.g., monthly) budget estimates at completion (EACs) to help control budget costs against the annual plan
- Develop high fidelity cost estimates that support proposal efforts for both external customers RFPs (Request for Proposal) and internal activities. Ensure methodologies and prepared assumptions used to derive the estimates are adequate. Help price and compile the proposal
- Participate in the control of costs and schedules through the management control system (i.e. EVMS). Prepares internal and external customer reports
- Assist finance leadership in achieving all other company financial objectives by helping program execute to financial and strategic business plans
- Support preparation of ad-hoc business segment analysis for site, Division, or Group level leadership reviews
- Support integrated baseline reviews and support control account managers in the preparation and successful completion of integrated baseline review audits
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business. MBA or working towards an MBA a plus
- 1-2 years of experience
- Ability to analyze data, develop options, and communicate recommendations to program and functional leaders
- Strong interpersonal skills dealing with people that have technical/professional/management backgrounds
- Self-starter, motivated to assess position, suggest/make improvements, and ability to achieve results with very little guidance
- Ability to prioritize and stay organized within a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Rudimentary understanding of Earned Value Management and tools a plus
- Strong computer skills; especially Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of Cobra preferred
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products and your ideas ?into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do! We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 1-3 Years