Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Principal Manufacturing Process Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman is seeking an experienced Principal Manufacturing Process Engineer for our location in Mesa, AZ. This position will report to the local segment Director of Operations.
The Principal Manufacturing Process Engineer is responsible for supporting the effective and efficient operation (in terms of safety, quality, throughput, and cost) of assigned manufacturing processes. Accomplishing by implementing, maintaining, and supporting process variability reduction, process detection/troubleshooting, statistical process control, process improvements, new process / product development, process documentation, and presenting to segment leadership for real time data-driven decisions.
- Help define, implement, and maintain ongoing process variability reduction plans.
- Support detection and troubleshooting of process problems such as machine downtime and scrap reduction.
- Identify, develop, and implement process improvement projects.
- Monitor process and product data to drive projects for continuous improvement.
- Troubleshoots existing processes to improve safety, quality, cost and efficiency.
- Educates/trains operators on new and existing processes.
- Support the process changes needed for new product development.
- Support the development and implementation of new processes.
- Implement improved processes and SPC to drive increased efficiencies.
- Determine appropriate operational key performance indicators.
- Help define, implement, and maintain process data collection / analysis.
- Analyze and report on process performance to segment leadership.
- Maintain process equipment documentation.
- Generate forecasts and distributed dash boards to segment leadership to support business decisions.
- Provide engineering / technical expertise in areas of special knowledge for internal and external processes.
- Work with production team to resolve day-to-day manufacturing challenges.
- Assist in identifying new equipment necessary for product line improvement.
- Lead process upset and process safety investigations.
- Perform Root Cause and Corrective Action activities.
- Communicate with internal and external manufacturing, project, and design engineers for product/process improvements.
- Manage multiple concurrent and time competing tasks.
- Minimum B.S. in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering.
- 10+ yrs. of direct experience in advanced application and commissioning of SPC applied to the manufacturing of complex electro-mechanical products.
- Extensive experience with complex and critical machined component assemblies.
- Basic computer skills using Microsoft Office.
- Lean Six Sigma Certification preferred.
- Advanced analysis and process troubleshooting using Minitab, JMP, SQCpack, or other SPC software.
- Extensive experience with ERP software systems and data mining.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years