Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Principal Manufacturing Process Engineer
Orbital ATK is seeking an experienced Principal Manufacturing Process Engineer for our location in Mesa, AZ. This position will report to the local segment Director of Operations.
Orbital ATK is an Aerospace and Defense company with approximately 12,500 employees, operations in over 20 states, and with projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
The Principal Manufacturing Process Engineer is responsible for supporting the effective and efficient operation (in terms of safety, quality, throughput, and cost) of assigned manufacturing processes. Accomplishing by implementing, maintaining, and supporting process variability reduction, process detection/troubleshooting, statistical process control, process improvements, new process / product development, process documentation, and presenting to segment leadership for real time data-driven decisions.
- Help define, implement, and maintain ongoing process variability reduction plans.
- Support detection and troubleshooting of process problems such as machine downtime and scrap reduction.
- Identify, develop, and implement process improvement projects.
- Monitor process and product data to drive projects for continuous improvement.
- Troubleshoots existing processes to improve safety, quality, cost and efficiency.
- Educates/trains operators on new and existing processes.
- Support the process changes needed for new product development.
- Support the development and implementation of new processes.
- Implement improved processes and SPC to drive increased efficiencies.
- Determine appropriate operational key performance indicators.
- Help define, implement, and maintain process data collection / analysis.
- Analyze and report on process performance to segment leadership.
- Maintain process equipment documentation.
- Generate forecasts and distributed dash boards to segment leadership to support business decisions.
- Provide engineering / technical expertise in areas of special knowledge for internal and external processes.
- Work with production team to resolve day-to-day manufacturing challenges.
- Assist in identifying new equipment necessary for product line improvement.
- Lead process upset and process safety investigations.
- Perform Root Cause and Corrective Action activities.
- Communicate with internal and external manufacturing, project, and design engineers for product/process improvements.
- Manage multiple concurrent and time competing tasks.
- Minimum B.S. in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering.
- 10+ yrs. of direct experience in advanced application and commissioning of SPC applied to the manufacturing of complex electro-mechanical products.
- Extensive experience with complex and critical machined component assemblies.
- Basic computer skills using Microsoft Office.
- Lean Six Sigma Certification preferred.
- Advanced analysis and process troubleshooting using Minitab, JMP, SQCpack, or other SPC software.
- Extensive experience with ERP software systems and data mining.
Orbital ATK Defense Systems Group is an industry leader in ammunition, precision and strike weapons, missile-warning solutions, and tactical rocket motors across air, sea and land-based systems. We are the largest U.S. producer of small-caliber ammunition, as well as a leading producer of medium- and large-caliber ammunition and medium-caliber gun systems. Orbital ATK Defense Systems also develops advanced capabilities for missile-defense interceptors, fuzing and warheads, weaponized special-mission aircraft, and propulsion/controls.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you’ll be amazed at what you can do!
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years