Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr. Manufacturing Engineer
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an experienced Senior Manufacturing Engineer to provide manufacturing and process engineering technical expertise and project management for our Ammunition & Precision Weapon production programs in our Plymouth, MN offices.
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Role description & Responsibilities:
- This position reports to the Engineering Manager, Electrical Production Engineering and is responsible for providing manufacturing engineering support to Precision Weapons, Guided projectiles, and Fuzing programs.
- Develop manufacturing processes and documentation that insures development hardware and test articles meet engineering and configuration requirements.
- Coordinate builds of electro-mechanical assemblies to support programs that are in engineering and manufacturing development.
- Contribute to completion of specific program and project milestones.
- Interface with design engineering to create products that are optimized for assembly.
- Disposition discrepant hardware. Support and/or lead failure investigations, root cause determination, and corrective action implementation.
- Communicates manufacturing plans and processes to internal and external customers through Manufacturing Readiness reviews.
- Conceptualize and implement continuous improvement projects internally and with suppliers.
- Communicate project status and issues to internal management.
- Implement and manage strong manufacturing engineering principals to ensure robust manufacturing process and high product quality. Examples are SPC, P-FMEA, Mistake Proofing, gage R&R, equipment and gage qualifications, Design for assembly, and First Article Inspections.
- B.S. in Engineering required.
- Minimum 4 years (or 2 years with an M.S. or MBA) manufacturing engineering experience in product development and/or production environments.
- Must be U.S. Citizen.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance.
- Prior experience working in the defense industry and/or with U.S. Government contracts is preferred.
Orbital ATK Defense Systems Group is an industry leader in ammunition, precision and strike weapons, missile-warning solutions, and tactical rocket motors across air, sea and land-based systems. We are the largest U.S. producer of small-caliber ammunition, as well as a leading producer of medium- and large-caliber ammunition and medium-caliber gun systems. Orbital ATK Defense Systems also develops advanced capabilities for missile-defense interceptors, fuzing and warheads, weaponized special-mission aircraft, and propulsion/controls.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years