Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr. Financial Analyst
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to join our Finance and Technical Accounting Finance team in our Chandler, AZ office.
Role Description & Responsibilities: This position is responsible for various financial functions such as budgeting, auditing, forecasting, and analysis in a professional team environment. Reviews financial data received from both managers and the accounting systems for accuracy and indications of cost spending trends. Maintains and presents documented financial information to various levels of management. The Analyst ensures compliance with internal procedures and DFAR/FAR government regulations. Participates in audits and interfaces with government auditors to ensure an understanding of financial data, methodology, and applicability under appropriate government regulations exists. The Analyst must also be able to successfully engage in individual and team settings to drive for results.
Education & Experience Requirements:
A Bachelor of Science degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration is required and 5+ years of related experience (or equivalent combination of education and experience) or a Master’s Degree and 3+ years of related experience. The position may be filled one level lower with minimum requirements: Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of experience (or equivalent combination of education and experience).
- This position requires previous experience with financial functions, such as budgeting, auditing, forecasting and analysis.
- Demonstrated experience of building, understanding and documenting financial processes and procedures,
- This position requires a working knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Enterprise Accounting Systems (Cobra, SAP, etc)
- Demonstrated advanced critical thinking and analytical skills
- To effectively contribute to the organization, this position must be able to communicate financial/program information efficiently within a matrix organization
- Earned Value Management, with Cost Performance Reporting.
- Aerospace or DOD industry experience
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience with Costpoint, Cognos and Program Control Software (MPM, Cobra, etc.)
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years