Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Quality Engineerinfg Specialist
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently seeking an experienced Quality Engineering Specialist to join our Quality team in our Vandenberg, CA office.
THIS POSITION REQUIRES A SECRET CLEARANCE
Role Description & Responsibilities:
Ideal candidate shall possess related work experience working with launch site integration, test, and launch procedures, hazardous materials, mechanical assemblies, machined/formed parts, and composite structures and tooling.
The Quality Engineering Specialist will:
- Performs integration & test, including launch-site inspections of mechanical and electrical processing of launch vehicles.
- Provide support for vehicle transport and ground launch operations. This involves the inspection of vehicle sub-assemblies, oversight of launch vehicle processing and hazardous operations.
- Provide independent verification that critical operations have been performed and buy-off results of these inspections.
- Interfaces with various levels of technical personnel to ensure their understanding of inspection results, including reports of anomalies.
- Prepare nonconformance reports and maintain documentation thru resolution and closure process.
- Enters, maintains and extracts inspection support disposition data via a computerized database system.
- Provides inspection methods guidance to engineering and design personnel.
- Helps in the daily housekeeping of the area and equipment to comply with Foreign Object Damage control requirements
- Regular overtime past the normal 40-hour week is expected.
- Other duties as directed by management.
- Candidate must have a minimum of 8 years of directly related experience in the inspection of aerospace mechanical, electrical, and propulsion systems including their detail components in an ISO9001 or AS9100 compliant environment.
Experience Requirements Preferred:
- Candidate must have a High School Diploma or GED plus 10 years or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with cabling and box-level components including inspection of these components and electrical measurement devices (DMM) is considered a plus.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Must possess the personal skills to interact with all levels of a technical organization.
- Must be able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Must possess demonstrable understanding of mechanical, electrical, and propulsion aerospace engineering drawings and specifications and be able to choose the appropriate physical inspection methods and equipment to determine compliance of items to design requirements.
- Must meticulously follow directions. Work experience should be indicative of continuously increasing responsibilities and reliability including potential lead role, is required.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years