Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an Associate Program Scheduler to join our Program team in our Chandler, AZ office.
Role Description & Responsibilities:
This entry level Program Scheduler will be tasked with creating and maintaining a resource loaded schedule network that is the core of a schedule-driven EVMS implementation.
- Provide program planning and scheduling support to internal and external customers (typically Program/Proposal/Product team Managers, CAMs, task leads, etc.). This includes gathering of source planning data, logical sequencing of activities, establishing activity durations and loading of resources in an Integrated Master Schedule Network for the purpose of providing status reporting and earned value analysis of work performed against the approved baseline plan.
- Review subcontractor schedule submissions to determine compliance to subcontract requirements and communicated corrective actions as needed.
- Implement automated planning software to perform schedule analysis and reporting, including critical path analysis and assessment, schedule risk assessments, schedule health metrics analysis.
- Gather and compile information to create summary level and detailed program/project network schedules utilizing automated planning software.
- Periodically gather status information to update and analyze the "time now" status of baselined program networks, advise managers of schedule critical paths and, when requested, recommend alternative schedules and recovery plans.
- Perform analysis of program resource "consumables" (time, manpower, facilities use, materials, etc.) to determine the "earned value" or work performed.
- Candidates having some related experience scheduling in an Earned Value management environment with working knowledge and experience with scheduling in a compliant EVMS environment.
- Expert knowledge of MS Project MS Excel and MS Word.
- BA/BS degree in Business, or related field is required with 0 years of experience really required.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Candidates having some related experience scheduling in an Earned Value management environment with working knowledge and experience with scheduling in a compliant EVMS environment would be a plus.
- Knowledge of MS Project MS Excel and MS Word.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 0-1 Year