Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Sr. Manufacturing Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrup Grumman is currently seeking a Senior Manufacturing Engineer to join the team in our Chandler, AZ office. US Citizenship is required.
Role Description & Responsibilities:
The Sr. Manufacturing Engineer will provide daily support to the electronics cell as follows:
- Perform drawing reviews for content, clarity and manufacturability
- Working with electronic components in an ESD environment
- Develop and maintain work instructions and routers for assigned assemblies in an electronic Manufacturing Execution System (MES)
- Incorporate design changes on WIP or completed assemblies
- Investigate discrepancies to establish root cause and implement effective corrective actions
- Disposition discrepant material
- Research, design or purchase fixtures, tooling and equipment
- Manage constraints in the work cell that involve processes, equipment or material handling
- Develop process flow maps
- Determine non-value added steps and work to eliminate them
- Revise manufacturing processes to decrease cycle times
- Provide procedural and technical guidance to Assemblers
- Act as liaison between Production, Engineering, and Quality departments. Other duties as assigned.
- US Citizenship is required.
- Candidate must have a minimum of 4 years of related experience supporting manufacturing in a production environment.
- Candidate must have organizations skills, people skills, technical writing skills, problem solving skills, and computer skills
- Bachelor degree in Industrial, Electrical, or Manufacturing Engineering plus 4 years of experience supporting manufacturing in a production environment
- IPC-A-610 Acceptability of Electronic Assemblies and J-STD-001 experience is preferred
- Experience writing electronic work instructions using Solumina MES is preferred
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years