Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Sr. Quality Assurance Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Implement mission/flight assurance plans for individual spacecraft flight hardware programs addressing design, manufacturing, integration, and test activities in accordance with company and contractual requirements. Works as a member of an integrated product team with Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Safety & Mission Assurance staff in various groups to address technical issues, meet program requirements and ensure mission success. Interface with customers, vendors, and with Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Manufacturing, Integration & Test and Engineering organizations to identify and resolve mission/flight assurance issues. Provide support to program Flight Assurance Manager in review of various activities.
- Leads core quality improvement projects to build compliant and cost effective processes with sustainable improvements.
- Implement quality plans for hardware and software addressing design, manufacturing, integration and test activities in accordance with company and contractual requirements.
- Review practices, procedures and processes seeking avenues to improve efficiency and effectiveness and reduce risk to product quality.
- Lead root-cause analysis, Corrective and Preventative Action solutions. Analyze and interpret trends and executes improvements on key metrics.
- Participates in program and Mission Assurance reviews. Represents Mission Assurance at different program reviews and review boards including Configuration Control Board (CCB) and Corrective Action Board (CAB).
- Collect and analyze data related to Risk Management activities.
- Evaluate contract program requirements are flowed down internally and to suppliers, ensures compliance with contract program, quality and organizational requirements.
Education and Experience
Requires BS in Engineering & 4 years or Masters in Engineering & 2 years.
Able to read engineering documentation and inspect drawings and parts lists, inspection plans, and supplemental instructions. Knowledge base in Cause Analysis tools, such as Ishikawa and fault tree. Previous experience working in AS/ISO/CMMI certified organization.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: 25-50%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years