Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr. Quality Assurance Engineer
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an experienced Sr. Quality Assurance Engineer to join our team in our Wallops, VA office.
ROLE DESCRIPTION & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Candidate will be responsible for supporting final system integration, test activities, and subsequent launch for the Antares Launch vehicle in New Church VA. Specific duties may include: support developing of processes and procedures for the assembly and test of launch vehicle systems; documenting and disposition hardware discrepancies and pursuing root cause and corrective actions; supporting required MRB processing; perform inspection of components and assemblies; support integration activities with program engineers and various customer organizations; review design changes on WIP or completed assemblies; provide occupational Safety oversight during hazardous operations; Occasional business travel may be required. Position may require extended hours and even non-standard work hours for extended periods of time.
A BS/MS Degree in Engineering and a minimum of 4 (four) years related experience
- Work experience in quality management systems (e.g. AS9100, ISO9001, TS16949 or equivalent) and other related standards required
- Experience in Occupational Health and Safety (e.g. OSHA, NASA Safety Standards, or equivalent).
- Candidate must possess excellent written and oral communications, along with interpersonal skills that aid in achieving both primary and multi-departmental goals.
- Candidate must have a work history of overall quality experience with ten (10) or more continuous years with demonstrate knowledge of the high reliability workmanship standards and hardware/interfaces typical of the vehicle launch industry.
- Candidate must be able to take direction and apply learning in the field of mechanical engineering, or a related discipline, preferably as it relates to vehicle integration, testing, and launch operations.
- Required skills include the ability to communicate clearly, to write clear and technically accurate work instructions, and to use critical thinking to troubleshoot problems.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Ideal candidate shall possess related work experience working with launch site integration, hazardous materials, mechanical assemblies, machined/formed parts, and composite structures and tooling.
- Work related experience should demonstrate increasing levels of responsibility. Extensive Root Cause and Problem Solving experience is highly desirable.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years