Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Mgr Configuration/Data Management
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is seeking a Manager of Configuration/Data Management in our Chandler Arizona location
As a working manager, the Documentation/Data Management Manager will be expected to work on direct contributions to programs, while executing the leadership and management responsibilities of the position. The position reports directly to the Senior CDM Manager and will work in close collaboration with all programs.
The position carries the following set of responsibilities:
- Provide overall leadership and supervision of day-to-day data management activities and work products.
- Architect and transform current business practices to align with industry standard best practices.
- Support the updates to related command media operating standards.
- Set role and performance expectations, provide feedback and coaching, and growth opportunities for the DM team.
- Ensure the right personnel, processes, and tools are in place to meet the business and project needs.
- Provide input and help manage department budget expenses.
- Support customer and internal audits of our standards to maintain certifications and secure new contracts.
- Support Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems initiatives and lead continuous LVD improvement activities within the CDM department.
- Assesses how proposed data management changes may impact systems sustainment and supportability.
- Drive cooperation within the CDM team to establish a cohesive culture of configuration data management excellence.
- Manage the critical skills required to perform the job and provide training for the users to ensure CDM standards are understood.
- Responsible for performance management of the data management team.
- Monitors and audits data submittals to ensure compliance and consistency throughout the department.
- Monitors incoming and outgoing document changes to assure requirements are met and documents are processed in a timely manner.
- Manage the system for document control to ensure consistency in format and content. Organize the routing of documents throughout the process from design, approvals, distribution, through to filing.
- Capable of working in a high demand environment as an individual or team member.
- Motivated to set a high standard of work ethic for others to follow.
- Able to maintain composure in difficult situations.
- Knowledge and skill in utilizing Business Office Software Applications and in utilizing PLM and MRP systems.
- Skilled in working with Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge and experience of the various department/functions that use or are supported by Documentation.
Requirements, Education and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in achieving results through understanding and management of internal customer relationships, prioritization, and delegation of tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to manage the performance of diverse personalities, manage conflict, and administer performance improvement plans as needed.
- Maintaining the accountability of direct reports.
- 10 years’ experience in product development projects and sustainment of legacy programs for complex aerospace or defense systems.
- U.S. Citizen and be able to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years