Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Principal Material Control Analyst
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an experienced Principal Program Material Analyst to join our team in our Chandler, AZ office.
Role Description & Responsibilities:
The Principal Program Material Analyst will:
- Plan, organize, and manage program material requirements to ensure successful execution of program objectives.
- Support program management through the analysis, oversight, and status of vehicle material and support equipment costs, delivery schedules, quality, and location tracking.
- Coordinate with Engineering, Purchasing, Operations, and other departments to achieve material availability requirements to meet program integration schedules.
- Review, authorize, and drive material procurements and inventory transfers.
- Ensure Material Management and Accounting System (MMAS) principles and processes are appropriately applied across the program.
- Coordinate with Engineering, Scheduling, Finance, and Program Management to accurately status the material related Earned Value (EV) for the program. Ensure that all EVMS requirements are appropriately met. Support internal and external audits related to material earned value compliance.
- Proactively work with Procurement and Program Management to accurately provide revenue forecast and Estimate at Complete (EAC) analysis monthly.
- Provide comprehensive what-if analysis and data modeling to help drive program management strategy.
- Actively pursue, apply, and develop Program Material Control best practices to ensure the team operates with maximum efficiency.
- Play a significant role within the program office to ensure material is managed at a strategic level, looking for improvement opportunities across programs, op plans, and divisions.
- Play a significant role within the Program Material Control team – developing desktop procedures, initiating/managing process improvements.
- Perform a proactive and consistent mentor role for other members of the Program Material Control team, helping all team members to understand and fully utilize best practices.
- Contribute to the strategic planning process within the group – helping to determine the future direction of tools, processes, and resources – to ensure continued growth and success of the overall team.
- Serve as an internal consultant to management and spokesperson to the organization on matters regarding policy, capability, and strategy.
- Candidate must have a minimum of 9 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- Experience with MS Project and Deltek Costpoint or other ERP system is desired.
- Experience with Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS) and Material Management and Accounting Systems (MMAS) is desired.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Intermediate to advanced level of proficiency required in MS Excel.
- Must have basic to intermediate skills in MS Word and MS PowerPoint.
- Must be proficient in analyzing large amounts of data.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to confidently interact with all levels of the organization
- Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Engineering, or related degree is required.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years