Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Quality Assurance Specialist
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK in Chandler, Arizona is looking for a Quality Assurance Specialist
Role Description & Responsibilities:
Performs detail inspections of mechanical items that use Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance design techniques at a launch site for a major manufacturer of space launch vehicles. This involves the inspections of tight tolerances of dimensions and details having feature control frames controlling forms, profiles, run-outs and locations.
- Provide independent verification that critical operations have been performed and document results of these inspections.
- Candidate interfaces with various levels of technical personnel to ensure their understanding of inspection results.
- Prepares inspection reports and maintains inspection records.
- Enters, maintains and extracts inspection support data via a computerized database system.
- Provide inspection methods guidance to engineering and design personnel.
- Helps in the daily housekeeping of the area and equipment to comply with Foreign Object Damage control requirements, and other duties as directed by management.
This position requires prolonged periods of sitting, standing, walking and the ability to lift and carry 50 lbs for short distances. Regular overtime past the normal 40 hour week is expected.
- Candidate must have a minimum of six years of related experience. Six years recent experience in the inspection of complex aerospace mechanical and propulsion systems and their detail components in an ISO9001 or AS9100 compliant environment.
- Must understand mechanical and propulsion aerospace engineering drawings and specifications and choose the appropriate physical inspection methods and equipment to determine compliance of items to design requirements.
- Candidate must possess the personal skills to interact with all levels of a technical organization and be able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ideal Candidate will be familiar with aerospace mechanical and electronic systems and subsystems. Experience with inspection /fabrication of electro-mechanical assembles, cable assemblies, and soldering electrical/electronic assemblies,
- 2-4 years’ experience in inspection activities such as: In-Process, Final and First Article.
- Trained and certified to the following industry standards: IPC-A-620 or equivalent, IPC-A-610 and J-STD-001.
- Experience using Costpoint, Tp QA, Microsoft Word and excel.
- Read and interpret schematics, assembly drawings, inspection drawings or any other type of referenced material required to perform inspection tasks.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. is required.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years
Education: High School/GED