Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Technician Team Supervisor
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Maintain a safe work environment while achieving on time delivery and quality objectives
- Continuous and ongoing job specific training and education
- Maintains safe, clean working environment by educating and training of direct report personnel
- Supports workflow through preparation, scheduling, and organizational awareness
- Reviews shop instructions for safety, quality, process ability and releases, monitors, and tracks work to successful conclusion
- Understands what ?typical? is and when to escalate non-typical issues
- Maintains floor presence where coaching, counseling, and training occurs on an individual basis
- Resolves processing issues through investigation, root cause identification, corrective action implementation, and verification
- Motivates and enforces strict compliance to company policies and procedures
- Develops strategic staffing plans, generates requisitions, performs interviews, and assists in the candidate(s) selection process. Prepares cost and budget estimates, manage projects to scope, budget, and schedule. Approves time cards.
- Develops team goals to support department and company objectives. Regularly monitors and documents performance evaluations of direct reports (as a minimum mid-year, end of year), and provides continuous performance feedback (reward, coach and discipline).
Education and Experience
Generally requires HS & 10 years or equivalent combination of education & experience.
Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and other support software with a technical aptitude for inherent processing.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years
Education: High School/GED