Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OrbitalATK is seeking a Manager, Facilities for our Michoud, Louisiana location.
Responsibilities include: Oversight and management the full range of operations for OATK as a tenant at MAS including key responsibilities:
- Serve as primary point of contact to the NASA Directorate at Michoud Assembly Facility (MAF)
- Lead, influence, and implement facility accommodations for assembly, integration, and test of the NGL Liquid Upper Stage (LUS)
- Engage in the facility layout plan and is accountable for all aspects of employee and shop-process safety
- Manages facilities, maintenance, equipment and tooling spare parts inventories to assure Operational Readiness
- Uses lean thinking/manufacturing fundamentals and TPM principles to organize work flow, streamline internal processes and minimize equipment downtime
- Manages construction services contracts to support factory work flow
- Ensures a safe working environment is maintained at all times.
- Reviews results for timeliness, quality, and cost effectiveness to accomplish departmental goals.
- Executes manpower forecasts.
- Interacts frequently with direct reports and managers concerning operations or scheduling of specific phases of projects.
- Schedules work, leads and trains direct reports, and controls processes on a scheduled basis within cost parameters while maintaining positive working relationships.
- Provides sound judgment and ensures overall quality and efficiency of the department.
- Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance which requires US Citizenship as a pre-requisite
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, and MS Office
- Bachelor’s of Science or equivalent (education will be verified) with a minimum of 10 years of directly related work experience.
- In depth hands on knowledge of facilities and equipment maintenance and reliability services
- Solid understanding and experience in troubleshooting factory equipment, mechanical and electrical systems.
- Basic understanding of carbon composite manufacturing is preferred.
- Ability to prepare sound presentations and conduct meetings with the senior staff.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, MS Project and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead teams with diverse maintenance/craft skills and backgrounds. Three or more years in a management/supervisory position preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office applications - capable of learning/using Microsoft Project
- Experience in lean manufacturing and maintenance systems
- Past experience working in high rate manufacturing facilities
Competencies for Success:
- Must have good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage time and multi-task.
- Ability to solve problems.
- Ability to work independently and use judgment to make appropriate decisions that support overall project objectives.
- Ability to drive projects and processes
- Ability to partner with leadership at all levels.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems and resolve issues is a short time frame.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years