Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Sr. Financial Analyst
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
**This is a full time contract position.
Northrup Grumman is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to join our Cost Estimating team in our Chandler, AZ office.
Role Description & Responsibilities:
The Sr. Financial Analyst is responsible for various financial functions such as cost estimating, proposal reviews, Propricer and financial analysis in a professional team environment. This position reviews complex financial data received from staff for inclusion in proposal development and review with estimating team members, Sr. management and submission to external customers.
- Perform cost estimating, financial analysis and proposal analysis
- Synthesize and analyze large quantities of data to create useful information and concise analysis
- Maintain documentation supporting financial estimates used in the proposal process
- Ensure management understanding of estimating and bidding issues
- Ensure compliance with internal procedures and DFAR/FAR government regulations
- Balance multiple projects and prioritize
- Meet deadlines
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office tools.
- Ability to develop proficiency with Propricer software
- Excellent communication skills oral and written
- Must be able to communicate financial/program information efficiently within a matrix organization.
- Must have strong analysis and critical thinking
- Years of experience: Five years, or equivalent
- Operational knowledge of manufacturing, engineering, and business environments may enhance candidate's potential for success.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting, Finance, or in Business or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Job Type: Temporary
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years