Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Technical Writer & Editor
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrup-Grumman is currently seeking an experienced Technical Writer & Editor to join our team in our Chandler, AZ office.
Role Description and Responsibilities:
The Technical Writer & Editor provides Contractual Data Management and Technical Editing support for all program related contract data requirements. This position is for 30 hours per week or part time.
Contract Data Management Responsibilities Include:
- Provides Contract Data Management support for all program related contract data requirements.
- Works with the Program Contracts Manager to ensure on-time delivery of data and/or resolution of any data submittal issues.
- Creates and maintains program Contract Data Status Reports (CDSRs) to record major program customer deliverable status accounting.
- Provides weekly Contract Data Requirements List (CDRL) status to the program office.
- Submits contract deliverables to the customer in either hard copy or electronic format.
- Ensures record/file maintenance of deliverable documentation and data via the program document tracker (i.e., technical manuals, and work packages for the program.)
Technical Editing Responsibilities Include:
- Researches, edits, and proofreads technical data for use in documents or sections of documents such as manuals, procedures, and specifications.
- Ensures technical documentation is accurate, complete, meets editorial and government specifications, and adheres to standards for quality, graphics, format, and style.
- Performs technical editing, document approval and drawing/document release. This effort is required for classified and unclassified documents.
- Has daily interface with various engineering disciplines.
- Works with Word Processing to ensure all documents are prepared in accordance with contract requirements, department standards and guidelines.
- Candidate must have a minimum of two years of technical editing experience. - Excellent written and verbal communication skills. - Excellent experience and knowledge of Microsoft Office applications. - Active Secret clearance.
- Bachelor's degree, plus 2 years or equivalent combination of education and experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years