Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Principal Operations Analyst
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
The Principal Operations Analyst will provide operational focus within work cells responsible for cables and electronics built in a multi-product line factory. The candidate will be responsible for setting weekly rates, negotiating program delivery dates, ensuring on time delivery to commits, and driving resolutions to issues impacting the work cells delivery performance. This position will also be responsible for interfacing with other Operations Project Managers to obtain delivery commitments from their respective work cells.
- Working with the Master Production Scheduler to determine work cell rates
- Ensuring all work cells support and achieve the negotiated manufacturing rate
- Facilitate weekly production review meetings with all programs within the work cell
- Provide program commit dates and on time delivery performance
- Identify potential gaps in production schedules and minimize any line stoppages
- Resolve work cell issues, non-conformances, drawing releases, router and traveler releases
- Produce and present weekly reports on factory work cell delivery performance
- Work closely with planning organization to reduce schedule impacts due to material shortages
- Work closely with programs on releasing documentation in time to support production schedules
- Work with manufacturing and quality management on work cell resources
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Business or related field with 10 years minimum of experience or equivalent experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well with all levels in the organization
- Very strong Excel, Power Point and Word skills
- Previous experience leading a small work team a plus
- Previous manufacturing experience with cables and electronics a plus
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years