Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Under general supervision, procures and manages low to medium value and risk subcontracts. Prepare bids, evaluate bids, select suppliers and negotiate price, delivery, quality and service. Manage supplier performance from award through close-out. Interface with Supply Chain Management, Program Planners, Quality, Receiving and Program Management. Signature authority commensurate with level of experience and responsibility as defined in the Group's Authorized Signature List and would require delegation of authority for any order greater than signature authority, when required.
- Review Costpoint Purchase Requisitions for completeness and obtain additional information considered necessary.
- Under general supervision, prepare Request for Quotation (RFQ)/Request for Proposal (RFP) and identify sources eligible to receive RFQ/RFP for simple to complex and/or non-routine procurement requirements.
- Under general supervision, evaluate suppliers' quotes/proposals for compliance with RFQ/RFP and fact find suppliers' proposals.
- Under general supervision, participate in the source selection team for competitive procurements.
- Under general supervision, perform a cost and/or price analyses to determine price reasonableness.
- Under general supervision, negotiate with suppliers on price, schedule, and terms and conditions, and any other contractual requirements.
- Make subcontract awards to suppliers and document the subcontract folders in accordance with the local procurement policies and procedures.
- Manage supplier performance during the performance, including but not limited to following-up delivery schedule, process invoices and Subcontract Data Requirements (SDRL) and/or resolve any contractual issues. Under general supervision, perform subcontract close-out.
- May administrator low to medium value and risk subcontracts that were issued by a more senior experienced Subcontract professional.
- Basic understanding of the government acquisition process, Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and agency supplements, such as Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFAR), NASA (NFS), positive and proactive attitude and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, excellent organization, and communication (oral and written) skills.
- CPSR experience, Costpoint, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
Education and Experience
Generally requires BS & 2 years or equivalent combination of education & experience.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years