Orbital ATK Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission ? whether it?s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world?s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation?s largest manufacturer of ammunition. United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products ? and your ideas ? into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, you?ll be amazed at what you can do!We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Orbital ATK in Chandler Arizona is currently seeking an experienced Program Manager to provide leadership for software development and integration for Ground-Based Missile Defense (GMD) vehicles.
Role Description & Responsibilities:
The Program Manager will be responsible for development of an enhanced software product with moderate financial and strategic importance to the business unit. This position includes interface with development integrated product teams (IPTs) and has responsibility for Safety, Quality, Schedule, Cost, and technical execution of new and existing products under the GMD organization.
The Program Manager is responsible to lead a medium-sized cross functional team consisting of Engineering and Quality personnel.
- Establish and clearly communicate overall program objectives, mission, vision, and strategy
- Ensure program-wide focus on safety, reliability, cost, and schedule, and adequacy of systems, procedures, and people for long-term success
- Develop an integrated master plan and supervise implementation of production schedules that support that master plan
- Perform program risk assessments and proactively identify opportunities for avoidance or mitigation.
- Represent Orbital ATK and the GMD team in meetings and management boards with Boeing and Missile Defense Agency
- Represent the customer to Orbital ATK, understanding the needs and requirements of the customer, and integrating this understanding into program execution and business strategy
- Service the customer (executing the program and resolving issues in accordance with business objectives, strategy, legal requirements, regulations, contract terms, and company policies)
Develop and manage program budgets
Conduct formal EAC reviews and forecast financial performance
Perform program risk assessments and proactively identify opportunitiesn for avoidance or mitigation
· Prefer a minimum of 9(nine) years of work experience in a development environment, with a proven track record of meeting customer expectations, schedule targets, and budget commitments
· Prefer a minimum of 9(nine) years directly related experience in project management (experience may overlap with experience above)
· Direct internal as well as external customer interface experience
· Verbal and written communications with all levels of management
· Experience developing project cost and schedules and managing efforts via EVMS
· Exceptional leader of a multi-disciplined teams
· Extensive experience creating and delivering presentations to customers and senior leadership teams
· Thorough understanding of design standards, procurement processes, and configuration management
· Ability to work under limited supervision and complete projects on time and on budget
· Multi-disciplinary engineering experience -or- system engineering experience
· An ideal candidate will have 9(nine) years of experience in a development environment, particularly software development
· An ideal candidate will have 9(nine) years of directly related experience in project management (experience may overlap with experience above)
· Earned Value Management System (EVMS) management experience
· Familiarity with MDA Mission Assurance Provisions (MAP/PMAP)
Requires a BS/MS degree in Engineering or Computer Science& minimum 9(nine)years or equivalent combination of education & experience.
- Able to obtain security clearance
- Ability to Travel Occasionally (6-8 trips/year)
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: 25-50%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years