Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Product Planning Manager
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people?s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation?s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work ? and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they?re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrup Grumman is currently seeking a Planning Manager to lead a small team of production planners in the support of manufacturing and integration at the Launch Vehicle Division facility in Chandler, AZ.
Roles and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support program needs and ensure compliance to all documented technical manuals and procedures
- Provide leadership and implement process and procedure changes in support of strategic initiatives
- Foster a culture of innovation and continuous process improvement
- Maintain and cultivate a culture of inclusion by valuing diversity
- Collaborate and build strong cross functional relationships with key business relationships
- Manage introductions of improved planning tools (MRP, MPS)
- Actively engage in employee training, development, mentoring and coaching
- Create and maintain departmental processes and procedures
- Create and maintain a departmental training plan
- Maintain performance metrics which drive positive change in the organization
Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Operations Management, or other Business Related degree and 9 years of applicable manufacturing/business related experience and education
- Solid understanding of MRP fundamentals
- Proficient with MS office suite
- Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance
- Prior leadership experience
- Experience with Costpoint Deltek and Cognos a plus
Category Manufacturing Operations
Group Launch Vehicle
Job Type Full Time
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years